The title of this thoroughly updated fourth edition has been changed from Transport Processes and Unit Operations to Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles (Includes Unit Operations) to reflect the modern nomenclature being used.
This book designed for chemical engineering students and professionals provides a sound understanding of principles and practical applications of momentum, heat, and mass transfer processes, as well as separation processes. The text is divided into two parts :
Part 1 covers the essential principles underlying transport processes: momentum transfer; steady-state and unsteady-state heat transfer; and mass transfer, including both unsteady-state and convective mass transfer.
Part 2 covers key separation processes, including evaporation, drying, humidification, absorption, distillation, adsorption, ion exchange, extraction, leaching, crystallization, dialysis, gas membrane separation, reverse osmosis, filtration, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, settling, centrifugal separation, and more. Table Of Contents
Preface. Part 1: Transport Processes: Momentum, Heat, and Mass-
Part 2: Separation Process Principles (Includes Unit Operations)-
- 1. Introduction to Engineering Principles and Units.
- 2. Principles of Momentum Transfer and Overall Balances.
- 3. Principles of Momentum Transfer and Applications.
- 4. Principles of Steady-State Heat Transfer.
- 5. Principles of Unsteady-State Heat Transfer.
- 6. Principles of Mass Transfer.
- 7. Principles of Unsteady-State and Convective Mass Transfer.
- 8. Evaporation.
- 9. Drying of Process Materials.
- 10.Stage and Continuous Gas-Liquid Separation Processes.
- 11.Vapor-Liquid Separation Processes.
- 12.Liquid-Liquid and Fluid-Solid Separation Processes.
- 13.Membrane Separation Processes.
- 14.Mechanical-Physical Separation Processes. Appendices.