Designed for both consultants and logistics providers, this updated bestseller provides the information you need gain a holistic view of all your logistics processes in SAP TM. Learn to plan and document transportation, select carriers, and create forwarding orders. Discover industry-tested best practices and see how you can optimize standard SAP TM functionality to ensure that your business is on the road to success. Up-to-date for SAP TM 9.2 and 9.3!
In this book, you'll find:
- Plan and optimize: Improve service, maximize use, and reduce costs
- Manage: Process orders, schedule bookings, and tender shipments
- Integrate: Utilize the full potential of SAP ERP, EWM, GTS, and Event Management
- End-to-End ManagementDiscover how SAP TM supports your transportation processes, from order management and carrier selection to charge settlement and analysis.
- Implementation Best PracticesLearn how to best implement SAP TM and enhance its standard functionality using expert advice.
- SAP TM 9.2 and 9.3Find out how SAP TM has changed in functionality, with improvements in load planning, fleet management, analytics, and more.
Reading Sample About the Author
- Transportation execution
- Master data
- Capacity management
- Change management
- Freight procurement
- SAP Business Suite integration
- Floorplan Manager BOPF integration
has more than 20 years experience in SAP Transportation and Logistics. He holds a PhD in electrical engineering. After spending several years doing Assembler, C /C++, and Occam programming for image processing, GIS, and auto routing systems, he joined SAP in 1995 at the SAP headquarters in Walldorf, Germany, as part of the SAP ERP LE-TRA development team. From 2000 to 2007, he was the lead architect for SAP Event Management and SAP Auto ID Infrastructure, and subsequently led development of SAP Transportation Management as a program/development manager.Dominik Metzger
is a principal consultant in the SAP Supply Chain Execution space and the managing director of Westernacher Consulting Singapore. Dominik studied business management at the Cooperative State University in Mannheim, Germany. After joining SAP SE in 2007, he conducted a traineeship working in business development for supply chain management, strategy consulting, and solution marketing in New York. Dominik joined SAP Consulting in 2010, specializing in the transportation and logistics industry. In the following years, he delivered numerous implementation projects in the SAP Supply Chain Execution space across various industries: freight forwarding, ocean liner, trucking, retail, chemicals, and contract logistics.