VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition helps students gain valuable experience in automating simple but repetitive spreadsheet tasks, as well as developing decision support systems for complex management science models.
1. This edition incorporates code changes that reflect changes from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.
2. This edition contains more material on automating Solver, @RISK, and Solver Table with VBA.
3. This edition includes minor code changes to make heavier use of object variables and for improved code readability.
4. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition effectively illustrates the power of VBA when coupled with management science models.
5. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition lets students begin with simple macros for automating common spreadsheet tasks and then progress to complete decision support systems.
6. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition can be used as a stand-alone text or as an ideal companion book to any quantitative methods, management science, or operations research text.
Table Of Contents
Part I: VBA Fundamentals
1. Introduction to VBA Development in Excel
2. The Excel Object Model
3. The Visual Basic Editor
4. Recording Macros
5. Getting Started With VBA
6. Working with Ranges.
7. Control Logic and Loops
8. Working with Other Excel Objects
10. More on Variables and Subroutines
11. User Forms
12. Error Handling
13. Working with Files and Folders
14. Importing Data into Excel from a Database
15. Working with Pivot Tables
16. Working with Menus and Toolbars
17. Automating Solver and Other Add-Ins
Part II: VBA Management Science Applications
18. Basic Ideas for Application Development with VBA
19. A Blending Application
20. A Product Mix Application
21. An Employee-Scheduling Application
22. A Production-Planning Application
23. A Logistics Application
24. A Stock-Trading Simulation Application
25. A Capital-Budgeting Application
26. A Regression Application
27. An Exponential Utility Application
28. A Queuing Simulation Application
29. An Option-Pricing Application
30. An Application for Finding Betas of Stocks
31. A Portfolio Optimization Application
32. A Data Envelopment Analysis Application
33. An AHP Application for Choosing a Job
34. A Poker Simulation Application