VBA for Modelers: Developing Decision Support Systems with Microsoft Office Excel 3rd Edition (English, Paperback, S. Christian Albright)
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Cengage Learning
- ISBN: 9788131516331, 8131516334
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Pages: 720
- 10 Days Replacement Policy?
Validity Covers Type Accepted 10 days from delivery or installation* Damaged, Defective, Item not as described Replacement
*The validity for products installed only by Flipkart authorized personnel shall be 10 days from installation.
If you have received a damaged or defective product or if it is not as described, you can raise a replacement request on the Website/App/Mobile site within 10 days of receiving the product.
We will help you troubleshoot any issues you may have, either through online tools, over the phone, and/or through an in-person technical visit. If no defect is confirmed, the issue is not diagnosed within 10 days of delivery, a troubleshooting step cannot be performed, or if one replacement has already been provided, you will be directed to a brand service centre to resolve any subsequent issues.
Successful pick-up of the product is subject to the following conditions being met:
- Correct and complete product (with the original brand/product Id/undetached MRP tag/product's original packaging/freebies and accessories).
- The product should be in unused, undamaged and original condition without any scratches or dents.
- Before returning a Mobile/Laptop/Tablet, the device should be formatted and screen lock should be disabled. iCloud account should be unlocked for Apple devices.
Know more about the Return Policy here
1. This edition incorporates code changes that reflect changes from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.
2. This edition contains more material on automating Solver, @RISK, and Solver Table with VBA.
3. This edition includes minor code changes to make heavier use of object variables and for improved code readability.
4. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition effectively illustrates the power of VBA when coupled with management science models.
5. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition lets students begin with simple macros for automating common spreadsheet tasks and then progress to complete decision support systems.
6. VBA For Modelers, 3e, International Edition can be used as a stand-alone text or as an ideal companion book to any quantitative methods, management science, or operations research text.
Table Of Contents
Part I: VBA Fundamentals
1. Introduction to VBA Development in Excel
2. The Excel Object Model
3. The Visual Basic Editor
4. Recording Macros
5. Getting Started With VBA
6. Working with Ranges.
7. Control Logic and Loops
8. Working with Other Excel Objects
10. More on Variables and Subroutines
11. User Forms
12. Error Handling
13. Working with Files and Folders
14. Importing Data into Excel from a Database
15. Working with Pivot Tables
16. Working with Menus and Toolbars
17. Automating Solver and Other Add-Ins
Part II: VBA Management Science Applications
18. Basic Ideas for Application Development with VBA
19. A Blending Application
20. A Product Mix Application
21. An Employee-Scheduling Application
22. A Production-Planning Application
23. A Logistics Application
24. A Stock-Trading Simulation Application
25. A Capital-Budgeting Application
26. A Regression Application
27. An Exponential Utility Application
28. A Queuing Simulation Application
29. An Option-Pricing Application
30. An Application for Finding Betas of Stocks
31. A Portfolio Optimization Application
32. A Data Envelopment Analysis Application
33. An AHP Application for Choosing a Job
34. A Poker Simulation Application
- S. Christian Albright