A frugal and flexible approach to innovation for the 21st century.
Innovation is a key directive at companies worldwide. But in these tough times, we can't rely on the old formula that has sustained innovation efforts for decades—expensive R&D projects and highly-structured innovation processes. Jugaad Innovation argues the West must look to places like India, Brazil, and China for a new approach to frugal and flexible innovation. The authors show how in these emerging markets, jugaad (a Hindi word meaning an improvised solution born from ingenuity and cleverness) is leading to dramatic growth and how Western companies can adopt jugaad innovation to succeed in our hypercompetitive world.
This groundbreaking book shows leaders everywhere why the time is right for jugaad to emerge as a powerful business tool in the West—and how to bring jugaad practices to their organizations.
Table of Contents
By Kevin Roberts
CEO Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi
1. Jugaad: A Breakthrough Growth Strategy
2. Principle One: Seek Opportunity in Adversity
3. Principle Two: Do More with Less
4. Principle Three: Think and Act Flexibly
5. Principle Four: Keep It Simple
6. Principle Five: Include the Margin
7 Principle Six: Follow Your Heart
8. Integrating Jugaad into Your Organization
9. Building Jugaad Nations 201
About the Authors